Welcome to the Privacy Statement of NKD Body (“NKD Body,” “we,” or “us”). This Privacy Statement outlines how we may collect information about you through your interactions with us on our website and mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”).
What Does This Privacy Statement Cover?
This statement describes how NKD Body (“NKD Body,” “we” or “us”) may collect information about you through your interactions with us on our website and mobile applications (“apps”) that contain a link to this statement (collectively, the “Services”).
If information collected through the Services is member information, please refer to the “Notice of Privacy Practices” and not this Privacy Statement. If you are a member covered by an NKD Body insured policy, this Notice can be found on this app. If you are covered through an employer plan which is self-funded, ask your employer for a copy of your Notice. Examples of member information are information collected when you enroll in an NKD Body health plan or access services related to your health plan.
Who May Use the Services?
Our websites and mobile applications are designed for the general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from any person we know to be under the age of 13.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We want you to know what personal information we may collect about you. Some examples of the personal information we may collect about you include:
- Contact information, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, and certain personal device information.
- Your password, if you create an account.
- Demographic information, such as your age, date of birth, sex, and/or gender.
- Language preferences.
- Driver’s license information or Social Security number.
- Information collected automatically through your device, such as web browser information, server log files, cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other tracking information.
In addition, our mobile apps may ask for your permission to collect/use the following:
- Your GPS Location, to support searching for nearby providers and services.
- Bluetooth, Camera, and Audio, to enable communication with a provider.
- Your Calendar, so appointments can be added.
- Your Files and Images, to enable the uploading of files when speaking with a provider.
- Your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, which is used to authenticate your device as part of our security program.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information when you:
- Sign up or create a personal profile with us.
- Enter into a transaction with us.
- Request products, services, or information from us.
- Sign up with or interact with our products or services.
- Participate in surveys or quizzes.
We may also automatically collect certain device information. This may include your device’s physical location, internet protocol (IP) address, battery information, app activity, data usage, and malware information. This helps us identify you and your device to prevent fraud and data loss and keep our app secure. It may also help us customize your application or website experience.
In some cases, and in all cases required by law, you can update the information you give us. Just send us an email or update your online profile. Please revisit the specific place in the app where you first gave us your information.
Providing personal information for the purposes of seeking health insurance coverage/enrollment is a voluntary submission of personal information under applicable law. If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services, or information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
1. To Respond to You: We use your personal information to deliver services and to respond to your requests. For instance, we may use it to fulfill your order, contact you about your order, send you email alerts, send you newsletters, and to provide you with related customer service.
2. To Send Marketing and Administrative Information to You: For example, we may use your personal information to manage subscription services, such as your order management, billing, reorder experience, and account communication. We may also offer other products and services that may be of interest to you. This could be done through push notifications in our apps.
3. To Add to Your Experience: We may use your personal information to personalize your experience when interacting with us. We may present products and offers tailored to you. And we may use your details for our business purposes, along with data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, and new product and service development. We may also use it to gauge the effectiveness of our campaigns, and to run and grow our business efforts.
4. For a Sale or Transfer of Business Assets: We may share or transfer your personal information to other parties if some or all of our business, assets, or stock are sold, transferred, or used as security. This includes in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
5. To Give Information to Our Businesses: As allowed by law, we may give your personal information to our affiliated businesses or to our business partners. They may use it to send you marketing and other communications.
6. To Respond to Law Enforcement Officials: We may share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities.
7. To Enforce Terms and Conditions: We may use or share your information, including without court process, in matters involving claims of personal, public safety or in litigation, where the information is pertinent. This may include use or sharing to allow us to pursue remedies or to limit the damages we may sustain.
8. To Protect Our Rights and Security: We may also use or share your information to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
9. To Our Service Providers: We may disclose personal information to our service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
10. To Look for Security Breaches: We may use and disclose personal information to investigate security breaches or otherwise work with authorities in a legal matter.
11. To Use Information That Does Not Identify You: If information does not personally identify you, we may use and share it for any purpose except as limited by applicable law. This includes information described in the “Cookies and other technologies” section. To the extent we are required to treat such information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes we use and disclose personal information.
12. To Combine Information: We may combine information that does not personally identify you with personal information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as personal information for as long as it stays combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies Enhance Your User Experience
We use this information for various purposes:
- Enhance web and mobile navigation.
- Personalize your experience.
- Understand how you use our Services.
- Diagnose problems.
- Measure the success of our marketing campaigns.
- Deliver online content on services/products that may interest you.
- Otherwise administer our Services.
A “cookie” is a bit of data that we can send to your browser when you link to our apps. It isn’t a computer program. It can’t get any data or personal information on your computer. Your browser software can be set to reject or accept cookies.
Collecting IP addresses is also a standard practice and is done automatically by many websites and apps. We use IP addresses to administer our Services, measure service levels, and help diagnose server problems. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited.
Our Services use tracking technologies to collect and record your activities and movements across our websites throughout your browsing session, including page hits, mouse movements, scrolling, typing, out-of-the-box errors and events, and API calls (“session data”). We use this information to provide us with analytics and to improve our products, services, and your experience. Such tracking may also include recorded sessions, which we may play back for these purposes. We may share session data with our vendors (which may change over time) for these purposes, who will use the session data solely on our behalf.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We understand that the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are very important to you. And we want to protect it. Here’s how:
- We seek to use technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or changes.
- We regularly review our security practices. We test our apps regularly to mimic attempts to breach our security. We also have robust disaster recovery plans in place. Despite our best efforts, though, note that no security measures are perfect or 100 percent secure.
How We Advertise to You
We don’t show you third parties’ ads on our apps. But we may use third-party advertising companies to serve you our ads on other sites based on the web pages you may have visited or your online activity. These are known as interest-based or personalized ads. They may also be known as targeted ads.
We (NKD Body) show you these ads so you can see products and services that might interest you.
In order to serve up information related to our Services, the third-party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). We follow the guidelines of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. These help you understand and have greater control over the ads you see based on your online behavior. The DAA has a website where you can opt out from getting targeted ads from some or all of the companies in the program. Our apps don’t respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
This statement doesn’t apply to, and we aren’t responsible for, the cookies or web beacons, or other tracking methods used by third parties. You can check out the privacy policies of these other companies to learn more.
Other Websites and Apps
The Services may contain links to, or otherwise make available, third-party websites, services, or other resources not operated by us or on our behalf (“Third-Party Services”). We aren’t responsible for the privacy practices, content, or accuracy of the Third-Party Services. We also don’t review or endorse their content or the products or services they describe.
In addition, we aren’t responsible for the information, collection, use, disclosure, or security policies and practices of other organizations. These include companies such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer.
You Can Email Us Your Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement, or the way your information is collected and used, please contact the NKD Body Privacy Office at [email protected].
Keep your information safe. Don’t email us information you consider confidential. If you’re a health plan member, call us at the number on your member ID card instead. Or call the number in the app you’re using. There are also some secure areas of our apps to share this type of information.
We May Update Our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. You can find the date changes were last made at the bottom of the page. Any changes become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement. Your use of the Services following these changes means you accept the revised version.